Part Time Custodian Position
Lake Shore Presbyterian Church seeks a self-starting, proactive, efficient, part-time Church Custodian who possesses a thorough understanding of proper cleaning methods and a respect for the the religious beliefs of our church. To be a successful Church Custodian, you should be observant, respectful, motivated, and committed to providing church members, visitors, and staff with a clean, orderly place to worship and congregate.
- Maintaining clean church facilities by performing weekly duties and daily spot cleaning in all public areas of the building, including but not limited to: bathrooms, sanctuary, chapel, welcome center, classrooms and meeting rooms.
- Perming maintenance such as changing lightbulbs, restocking bathrooms, and making minor repairs.
- Communicating larger repair projects to Office Manager for assignment to Trustees for repair or outsourcing.
- Observing proper cleaning techniques including proper handling of cleaning agents, adhering to safety protocols, and following written or verbal instructions.
- Assisting with event setup and tear down
- Taking weekly garbage and recycling to the curb and returning receptacles to the storage area in a timely manner.
- Monitoring inventory of cleaners and other supplies and submitting requests when items need to be replenished.
- Interacting with church staff, members, and visitors in a respectful, positive manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Custodial experience or training may be required.
- Understanding of cleaning techniques and safety procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Pass a pre-employment background check
- Ability to work 15-20 hours per week on a fixed schedule
- Flexibility to adjust schedule as needs of the church change.
- Motivation to work independently to provide through, efficient custodial services to the church
To apply email resume to Stacey@LakeShoreChurch.com or mail to:
LakeShore Church, Attn: Stacey King, 25801 Jefferson Ave., St. Clair Shores, MI 48081